Karel Vaca’s surreal collage poster artwork for 70s Czech historical drama.
- title: The House on Porici Street (unofficial) | Dům Na Poříčí | Czechoslovakia, 1976
- director: Jiří Svoboda
- with: Josef Šebek, Luděk Munzar, Ota Sklenčka
- music: Petr Hapka
poster design: Karel Vaca, 1976
Karel Vaca‘s unique aesthetics and creative freedom made him one of the most influential Czech graphic designers. He studied at the Rotter’s school of Advertising Graphics and at the School of Applied Art in Prague. Karel Vaca’s extensive portfolio includes over 289 movie poster designs.
Award Winning Posters by Karel Vaca:
- 1964 2nd Prize, Film Festival Karlovy Vary (Dolce Vita / Accused)
- 1977 Special Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (The White Odyssey)
- 1980 Grand Prix, IFF Chicago (National Class Cat. up to 785 ccm)
- 1982 3rd Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (Don’t Call Me Major)
- 1984 Silver Medal, IFF Chicago (For 200 Grand, You Get Nothing Now)
- 1986 Diploma, Biennale Lahti
- 1988 The Best Poster of the Year, Honourable Mention (The Great Film Robbery)
Discover magical collection of
collage posters designed in Czechoslovakia.
Or see other excellent
70s movie posters available in our archive.
Subscribe to our newsletter for shop / blog highlights and special offers.
Note: 17% OFF coupon for the first time visitors: hello jozefsquare. FREE SHIPPING on 2 or more posters!
Please select as option in check out.
There are no reviews yet.