Wonderful minimalist movie poster by Karel Vaca.
- title: Chance | Šance | Czechoslovakia, 1971
- director: Rangel Vulchanov
- with: Jiřina Trebická, Josef Abrhám, Jiří Krampol
- music: Zdeněk Liška
poster design: Karel Vaca, 1971
Vintage movie poster designed by acclaimed Czech poster designer and artist Karel Vaca. Minimalist design of the poster is based on the overexposed black and white photograph of woman’s face accompanied by simple triangular shape in bold colours and woman’s purple lips. The poster is a typical example of Karel Vaca’s 70s poster design inspired by Pop Art. Poster hasn’t been previously folded. Gentle crease on edges with few tiny cracks on the left edge. Slight folds in corners and vertical line visible in bottom part. Excellent condition. Poster is in A3 format.
Movie posters in our collection were promotional materials. Posters used on display in the cinemas across the former Czechoslovakia. They bear signs of their age.
Karel Vaca‘s unique aesthetics and creative freedom made him one of the most influential Czech graphic designers. He studied at the Rotter’s school of Advertising Graphics and at the School of Applied Art in Prague. Karel Vaca’s extensive portfolio includes over 289 movie poster designs.
Award Winning Posters by Karel Vaca:
- 1964 2nd Prize, Film Festival Karlovy Vary (Dolce Vita / Accused)
- 1977 Special Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (The White Odyssey)
- 1980 Grand Prix, IFF Chicago (National Class Cat. up to 785 ccm)
- 1982 3rd Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (Don’t Call Me Major)
- 1984 Silver Medal, IFF Chicago (Grand, You Get Nothing Now)
- 1986 Diploma, Biennale Lahti
- 1988 The Best Poster of the Year, Honourable Mention (The Great Film Robbery)
Please take a look at excellent collection of
Or explore other fascinating
Subscribe to our newsletter for shop / blog highlights and special offers.
Note: 17% OFF coupon for the first time visitors: hello jozefsquare. FREE SHIPPING on 2 or more posters!
Please select as option in check out.