Admirable collage movie poster by Karel Vaca.
- title: Miss Golem | Slečna Golem | Czechoslovakia, 1972
- director: Jaroslav Balík
- with: Jana Brejchová, Jan Tříska, Josef Somr
poster design: Karel Vaca, 1972
Poster is in large A1 format (81.1 x 56.5 cm). Folded into thirds. Slight crease and with few little cracks on edges and folds. Bit more crease across folds. Tiny hole in intersection. Slight misalignment in registration. Several pinholes across corners. 1 cm crack on top edge. Bit washed out in black in some parts. Very nice condition (NOT PHOTOGRAPHED, PLEASE ASK IF YOU WISH TO SEE A PHOTO).
Movie posters in our collection were promotional materials. Posters used on display in the cinemas across the former Czechoslovakia. They bear signs of their age.
Karel Vaca‘s unique aesthetics and creative freedom made him one of the most prolific and influential Czech poster designer. He studied at the Rotter’s school of Advertising Graphics and at the School of Applied Art in Prague. Karel Vaca’s extensive portfolio includes over 289 movie poster designs.
Award Winning Posters by Karel Vaca:
- 1964 2nd Prize, Film Festival Karlovy Vary (Dolce Vita / Accused)
- 1977 Special Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (The White Odyssey)
- 1980 Grand Prix, IFF Chicago (National Class Cat. up to 785 ccm)
- 1982 3rd Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (Don’t Call Me Major)
- 1984 Silver Medal, IFF Chicago (For 200 Grand, You Get Nothing Now)
- 1986 Diploma, Biennale Lahti
- 1988 The Best Poster of the Year, Honourable Mention (The Great Film Robbery)
Discover unique collection of
Or have a look at other fascinating
Subscribe to our newsletter for shop / blog highlights and special offers.
Note: 17% OFF coupon for the first time visitors: hello jozefsquare. FREE SHIPPING on 2 or more posters!
Please select as option in check out.