Romantic collage poster design by Karel Vaca.
- title: Fly, Bird, Fly! | Leť ptáku, leť | Czechoslovakia, 1978
- director: Jiří Hanibal
- with: Jiří Pleskot, Gustav Bubník, Jindra Bartošová
poster design: Karel Vaca, 1978
Poster is in large A1 format (83.5 x 57.1 cm). Folded into quarters. Slight age wear in the middle fold. Soft crease on edges. Gently stained across the back folds and on top left edge in the front. Very nice condition.
Movie posters in our collection were promotional materials. Posters used on display in the cinemas across the former Czechoslovakia. They bear signs of their age.
Karel Vaca‘s unique aesthetics and creative freedom made him one of the most influential Czech graphic designers. He studied at the Rotter’s school of Advertising Graphics and at the School of Applied Art in Prague. Karel Vaca’s extensive portfolio includes over 289 movie poster designs.
Award Winning Posters by Karel Vaca:
- 1964 2nd Prize, Film Festival Karlovy Vary (Dolce Vita / Accused)
- 1977 Special Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (The White Odyssey)
- 1980 Grand Prix, IFF Chicago (National Class Cat. up to 785 ccm)
- 1982 3rd Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (Don’t Call Me Major)
- 1984 Silver Medal, IFF Chicago (For 200 Grand, You Get Nothing Now)
- 1986 Diploma, Biennale Lahti
- 1988 The Best Poster of the Year, Honourable Mention (The Great Film Robbery)
Discover other fascinating
collage movie posters designed in Czechoslovakia.
Or have a look at miraculous collection of
surreal posters available in our poster archive.
Subscribe to our newsletter for shop / blog highlights and special offers.
Note: 17% OFF coupon for the first time visitors: hello jozefsquare. FREE SHIPPING on 2 or more posters!
Please select as option in check out.
There are no reviews yet.