Karel Vaca’s collage poster artwork with Louis de Funès.
- title: The Band | L’homme orchestre | Piti Piti Pa | France, 1970
- director: Serge Korber
- with: Louis de Funès, Noëlle Adam, Olivier De Funès
poster design: Karel Vaca, Czechoslovakia, 1972
Excellent Louis de Funès movie poster designed by Karel Vaca for another crazy comedy The Band / Piti Piti Pa. Karel Vaca’s design is based on the collage which is complemented by the contrast between the black and white close up of Louis de Funès’s face and bright colours of the title.
Movie posters in our collection were promotional materials. Posters used on display in the cinemas across the former Czechoslovakia. They bear signs of their age.
Karel Vaca‘s unique aesthetics and creative freedom made him one of the most prolific and influential Czech poster designer. He studied at the Rotter’s school of Advertising Graphics and at the School of Applied Art in Prague. Karel Vaca’s extensive portfolio includes over 289 movie poster designs.
Award Winning Posters by Karel Vaca:
- 1964 2nd Prize, Film Festival Karlovy Vary (Dolce Vita / Accused)
- 1977 Special Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (The White Odyssey)
- 1980 Grand Prix, IFF Chicago (National Class Cat. up to 785 ccm)
- 1982 3rd Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (Don’t Call Me Major)
- 1984 Silver Medal, IFF Chicago (For 200 Grand, You Get Nothing Now)
- 1986 Diploma, Biennale Lahti
- 1988 The Best Poster of the Year, Honourable Mention (The Great Film Robbery)
Take a look at other wonderful
Or discover fascinating collection of
Subscribe to our newsletter for shop / blog highlights and special offers.
Note: 17% OFF coupon for the first time visitors: hello jozefsquare. FREE SHIPPING on 2 or more posters!
Please select as option in check out.