Collage poster by extraordinary Czech poster artist Karel Vaca.
- title: Awful Wife (unofficial) | Strašná žena | Czechoslovakia, 1965
- director: Jindřich Polák
- with: Jiří Lír, Olga Divínová, Jiří Sovák
poster design: Karel Vaca, 1965
Poster is folded in the middle. Fold line visible across mid top part. Occasional crease, soft stain and several small cracks on edges. Small pinholes visible on the bottom right edge. 1cm crack on the left, taped. Pencil writing at the back. Stained across top edge and at the back. Movie poster is in A3 format (39.8 x 28.6 cm). Very nice condition (NOT PHOTOGRAPHED, PLEASE ASK IF YOU WISH TO SEE A PHOTO).
Movie posters in our collection were promotional materials. Posters used on display in the cinemas across the former Czechoslovakia. They bear signs of their age.
Karel Vaca‘s unique aesthetics and creative freedom made him one of the most influential Czech graphic designers. He studied at the Rotter’s school of Advertising Graphics and at the School of Applied Art in Prague. Karel Vaca’s extensive portfolio includes over 289 movie poster designs.
Award Winning Posters by Karel Vaca:
- 1964 2nd Prize, Film Festival Karlovy Vary (Dolce Vita / Accused)
- 1977 Special Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (The White Odyssey)
- 1980 Grand Prix, IFF Chicago (National Class Cat. up to 785 ccm)
- 1982 3rd Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (Don’t Call Me Major)
- 1984 Silver Medal, IFF Chicago (For 200 Grand, You Get Nothing Now)
- 1986 Diploma, Biennale Lahti
- 1988 The Best Poster of the Year, Honourable Mention (The Great Film Robbery)
Discover unique collection of
Or have a look at other fascinating
Subscribe to our newsletter for shop / blog highlights and special offers.
Note: 17% OFF coupon for the first time visitors: hello jozefsquare. FREE SHIPPING on 2 or more posters!
Please select as option in check out.