Fantastically surreal and funny movie poster for Oscar winning director Jiří Menzel.
- title: Kdo hledá zlaté dno | Who Looks For Gold? | Czechoslovakia, 1974
- director: Jiří Menzel
- with: Jan Hrušínský, Jana Giergielová, Július Pántik
- writers: Zdeněk Sverák (screenplay), Jiří Menzel (screenplay)
poster designer: Karel Vaca, 1974
Poster is folded. Slight crease on edges. Soft spots in top part. Pinholes across the edges. Soft stain and bit of pen writing at the back. Movie poster is in A3 format (40.6 x 28.4 cm). Very nice condition. (NOT PHOTOGRAPHED, PLEASE ASK IF YOU WISH TO SEE A PHOTO).
Movie posters in our collection were promotional materials. Posters used on display in the cinemas across the former Czechoslovakia. They bear signs of their age.
Karel Vaca‘s unique aesthetics and creative freedom made him one of the most influential Czech graphic designers. He studied at the Rotter’s school of Advertising Graphics and at the School of Applied Art in Prague. Karel Vaca’s extensive portfolio includes over 289 movie poster designs.
Award Winning Posters by Karel Vaca:
- 1964 2nd Prize, Film Festival Karlovy Vary (Dolce Vita / Accused)
- 1977 Special Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (The White Odyssey)
- 1980 Grand Prix, IFF Chicago (National Class Cat. up to 785 ccm)
- 1982 3rd Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (Don’t Call Me Major)
- 1984 Silver Medal, IFF Chicago (For 200 Grand, You Get Nothing Now)
- 1986 Diploma, Biennale Lahti
- 1988 The Best Poster of the Year, Honourable Mention (The Great Film Robbery)
Or see other fascinating
Subscribe to our newsletter for shop / blog highlights and special offers.
Note: 17% OFF coupon for the first time visitors: hello jozefsquare. FREE SHIPPING on 2 or more posters!
Please select as option in check out.