Josef Vyleťal’s apocalyptic surreal poster design for Erich von Däniken.
- title: Mysteries of the Gods | Botschaft der Götter | Poselství bohů | West Germany, 1976
- director: Harald Reinl, Charles Romine
- with: Erich von Däniken, Harald Leipnitz, Horst Naumann
- writer: Erich von Däniken (book)
poster design: Josef Vyleťal, 1976
Poster is in A3 format (40.5 x 27.6 cm). Folded in the middle. Slight crease and tiny cracks on edges. Fold in bottom corner. Small pinholes in corners. Very nice condition (NOT PHOTOGRAPHED, PLEASE ASK IF YOU WISH TO SEE A PHOTO).
Movie posters in our collection were promotional materials. Posters used on display in the cinemas across the former Czechoslovakia. They bear signs of their age.
Josef Vyleťal (1940 – 1989) – Czech painter, graphic artist and film or theatre set designer. He studied architecture at the Technical University in Bratislava and at the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague. In between 1964 – 1979 he created 115 movie posters. His major influences were surrealism and paintings by North Renaissance old masters. He was married to fine artist and award winning poster designer Olga Poláčková-Vyleťalová.
Award Winning Poster by Josef Vyleťal:
- 1979 – 2nd prize The Hollywood Reporter Magazine, Silver Hugo at the International Film Festival in Chicago (Beauty and the Beast)
Explore excellent collection of
Or see other fascinating
Subscribe to our newsletter for shop / blog highlights and special offers.
Note: 17% OFF coupon for the first time visitors: hello jozefsquare. FREE SHIPPING on 2 or more posters!
Please select as option in check out.