Minimalist poster by award winning poster designer Karel Vaca.
- title: Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines or How I Flew from London to Paris in 25 hours 11 minutes | Báječní muži na létájících strojích | USA, 1965
- director: Ken Annakin
- with: Stuart Whitman, Sarah Miles, James Fox
poster designer: Karel Vaca, 1966
Slight crease on edges and across the fold with 0.5cm crack and few other smaller cracks on the right edge. Tiny crack in top and bottom left edge. Gentle fold in bottom corner. Small crack in the fold on the left hand side. Excellent condition.
Movie posters in our collection were promotional materials. Posters used on display in the cinemas across the former Czechoslovakia. They bear signs of their age.
Karel Vaca‘s unique aesthetics and creative freedom made him one of the most influential Czech graphic designers. He studied at the Rotter’s school of Advertising Graphics and at the School of Applied Art in Prague. Karel Vaca’s extensive portfolio includes over 289 movie poster designs.
Award Winning Posters by Karel Vaca:
- 1964 2nd Prize, Film Festival Karlovy Vary (Dolce Vita / Accused)
- 1977 Special Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (The White Odyssey)
- 1980 Grand Prix, IFF Chicago (National Class Cat. up to 785 ccm)
- 1982 3rd Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (Don’t Call Me Major)
- 1984 Silver Medal, IFF Chicago (Grand, You Get Nothing Now)
- 1986 Diploma, Biennale Lahti
- 1988 The Best Poster of the Year, Honourable Mention (The Great Film Robbery)
Discover magnificent collection of
Or see other fascinating
Subscribe to our newsletter for shop / blog highlights and special offers.
Note: 17% OFF coupon for the first time visitors: hello jozefsquare. FREE SHIPPING on 2 or more posters!
Please select as option in check out.