Neat collage poster design by Karel Vaca.
- title: Feast of the Baked Potato | Prazdnik pechyonoy kartoshki | Svátek pečených brambor | Soviet Union, 1977
- director: Yuri Ilyenko
- with: Lyudmila Efimenko, Roman Gromadskiy, Leonid Yanovsky
poster design: Karel Vaca, Czechoslovakia, 1978
Poster with gentle cracks on edges. Scratch mark in the bottom part. Poster is in A3 format. Very nice condition.
Movie posters in our collection were promotional materials. Posters used on display in the cinemas across the former Czechoslovakia. They bear signs of their age.
Karel Vaca‘s unique aesthetics and creative freedom made him one of the most prolific and influential Czech poster designer. He studied at the Rotter’s school of Advertising Graphics and at the School of Applied Art in Prague. Karel Vaca’s extensive portfolio includes over 289 movie poster designs.
Award Winning Posters by Karel Vaca:
- 1964 2nd Prize, Film Festival Karlovy Vary (Dolce Vita / Accused)
- 1977 Special Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (The White Odyssey)
- 1980 Grand Prix, IFF Chicago (National Class Cat. up to 785 ccm)
- 1982 3rd Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (Don’t Call Me Major)
- 1984 Silver Medal, IFF Chicago (For 200 Grand, You Get Nothing Now)
- 1986 Diploma, Biennale Lahti
- 1988 The Best Poster of the Year, Honourable Mention (The Great Film Robbery)
Discover interesting collection of
Or see other wonderful
Subscribe to our newsletter for shop / blog highlights and special offers.
Note: 17% OFF coupon for the first time visitors: hello jozefsquare. FREE SHIPPING on 2 or more posters!
Please select as option in check out.