Wonderful collage poster by Karel Vaca.
- title: How Czar Peter the Great Married Off His Moor | Skaz pro to, kak tsar Pyotr arapa zhenil | Jak car Petr ženil mouřenína | Soviet Union, 1976
- director: Aleksandr Mitta
- with: Vladimir Vysotskiy, Aleksey Petrenko, Ivan Ryzhov
- writer: Alexander Pushkin (story)
poster design: Karel Vaca, Czechoslovakia, 1977
Excellent vintage poster design by Karel Vaca for Alexandr Mitta’s adaptation of Alexander Pushkin’s story. Poster has been previously folded. Creased with small cracks and soft spots on edges. Gentle folds and tiny pinholes in corners. Slightly stained at the back and soft scratch marks visible across the surface. Poster is in A3 format. Very nice condition.
Movie posters in our collection were promotional materials. Posters used on display in the cinemas across the former Czechoslovakia. They bear signs of their age.
Karel Vaca‘s unique aesthetics and creative freedom made him one of the most influential Czech graphic designers. He studied at the Rotter’s school of Advertising Graphics and at the School of Applied Art in Prague. Karel Vaca’s extensive portfolio includes over 289 movie poster designs.
Award Winning Posters by Karel Vaca:
- 1964 2nd Prize, Film Festival Karlovy Vary (Dolce Vita / Accused)
- 1977 Special Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (The White Odyssey)
- 1980 Grand Prix, IFF Chicago (National Class Cat. up to 785 ccm)
- 1982 3rd Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (Don’t Call Me Major)
- 1984 Silver Medal, IFF Chicago (For 200 Grand, You Get Nothing Now)
- 1986 Diploma, Biennale Lahti
- 1988 The Best Poster of the Year, Honourable Mention (The Great Film Robbery)
Please discover other fascinating
Or have a look at impressive collection of
Subscribe to our newsletter for shop / blog highlights and special offers.
Note: 17% OFF coupon for the first time visitors: hello jozefsquare. FREE SHIPPING on 2 or more posters!
Please select as option in check out.