Wonderful movie poster designed by Karel Vaca.
- title: Concert at the End of Summer | Koncert na konci léta | Czechoslovakia, 1979
- director: František Vláčil
- with: Josef Vinklář, Jana Hlaváčková, Svatopluk Beneš
poster design: Karel Vaca, 1979
Vintage movie poster Concert at the End of Summer designed Karel Vaca for Vlantišek Vláčil’s biopic about famous Czech composer Antonín Dvořák. Poster has never been folded. Gently creased on edges with few small cracks. Small folds and tiny pinholes in the corners. Slight red loose colour stripe in bottom part. Very nice condition. Poster is in A3 format.
Movie posters in our collection were promotional materials. Posters used on display in the cinemas across the former Czechoslovakia. They bear signs of their age.
Karel Vaca‘s unique aesthetics and creative freedom made him one of the most influential Czech graphic designers. He studied at the Rotter’s school of Advertising Graphics and at the School of Applied Art in Prague. Karel Vaca’s extensive portfolio includes over 289 movie poster designs.
Award Winning Posters by Karel Vaca:
- 1964 2nd Prize, Film Festival Karlovy Vary (Dolce Vita / Accused)
- 1977 Special Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (The White Odyssey)
- 1980 Grand Prix, IFF Chicago (National Class Cat. up to 785 ccm)
- 1982 3rd Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (Don’t Call Me Major)
- 1984 Silver Medal, IFF Chicago (Grand, You Get Nothing Now)
- 1986 Diploma, Biennale Lahti
- 1988 The Best Poster of the Year, Honourable Mention (The Great Film Robbery)
Please take a look at other excellent
Or explore collection of
Subscribe to our newsletter for shop / blog highlights and special offers.
Note: 17% OFF coupon for the first time visitors: hello jozefsquare. FREE SHIPPING on 2 or more posters!
Please select as option in check out.