Excellent collage poster design by Karel Vaca.
- title: My Brother Anastasia | Anastasia mio fratello ovvero il presunto capo dell’Anonima Assassini | Můj bratr Anastasia | Italy, 1975
- director: Steno
- with: Alberto Sordi, Richard Conte, Luciano Pigozzi
poster design: Karel Vaca, Czechoslovakia, 1975
Karel Vaca’s movie poster design for the 1975 Italian crime comedy My Brother Anastasia. The poster design is based on the face close up of the main character combined with the visual symbols traditionally associated with Italy. Poster has been previously folded. Slight crease on edges and tiny pinholes in the corners. Scratch marks visible in bottom part, few black spots across. Very nice condition. Poster is in A3 format.
Movie posters in our collection were promotional materials. Posters used on display in the cinemas across the former Czechoslovakia. They bear signs of their age.
Karel Vaca‘s unique aesthetics and creative freedom made him one of the most influential Czech graphic designers. He studied at the Rotter’s school of Advertising Graphics and at the School of Applied Art in Prague. Karel Vaca’s extensive portfolio includes over 289 movie poster designs.
Award Winning Posters by Karel Vaca:
- 1964 2nd Prize, Film Festival Karlovy Vary (Dolce Vita / Accused)
- 1977 Special Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (The White Odyssey)
- 1980 Grand Prix, IFF Chicago (National Class Cat. up to 785 ccm)
- 1982 3rd Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (Don’t Call Me Major)
- 1984 Silver Medal, IFF Chicago (Grand, You Get Nothing Now)
- 1986 Diploma, Biennale Lahti
- 1988 The Best Poster of the Year, Honourable Mention (The Great Film Robbery)
Please take a look at other unique
Or explore wonderful collection of
Subscribe to our newsletter for shop / blog highlights and special offers.
Note: 17% OFF coupon for the first time visitors: hello jozefsquare. FREE SHIPPING on 2 or more posters!
Please select as option in check out.