Karel Teissig’s magnificent collage poster.
- title: The Guard of Dynamite | Hlídač dynamitu | Czechoslovakia, 1960
- director: Zdenek Sirový / screenplay: Pavel Juráček
- with: Eman Fiala, Eva Svobodová, Ladislav Herbert Struna
- title: Hate | Nenávist | Czechoslovakia, 1960
- director: Hynek Bočan
- with: Bohuš Záhorský, Miroslav Nohýnek, Alexandr Postler
- title: Footprints | Stopy | Czechoslovakia, 1960
- director: Jaromil Jireš
- with: Václav Lohniský, Věra Tichánková, Oldřich Lukeš
poster designer: Karel Teissig, 1963
Poster with slight crease and several cracks on edges. Top right edge with large crack and hole. Small folds in corners. A3 format (41.8 x 29.5 cm). Beautiful vintage poster.
Movie posters in our collection were promotional materials. Posters used on display in the cinemas across the former Czechoslovakia. They bear signs of their age.
Karel Teissig was a Czech painter, illustrator and graphic / poster designer. He studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Prague (1945-50) at the Académie Royale des Beaux-Arts in Brussels (1948) and since early 60s became one of the most important figures of Czechoslovak poster design along with Karel Vaca and Zdeněk Ziegler. His imaginative posters are inspired by anything from collage / surreal art to illustration or photography and are undeniable among the best movie posters of the era. In 1961 his unique style won him a second prize for a poster titled The Possessors in the Toulouse-Lautrec Prize international film poster competition in Paris.
Discover excellent collection of
Or see other fascinating
Subscribe to our newsletter for shop / blog highlights and special offers.
Note: 17% OFF coupon for the first time visitors: hello jozefsquare. FREE SHIPPING on 2 or more posters!
Please select as option in check out.