Karel Vaca’s movie poster for 80s children’s tale.
- title: Blinker Ciko | Mrkáček Čiko | Czechoslovakia, 1982
- director: Věra Plívová-Šimková
- with: Filip Menzel, Jakub Štěpán, Vít Olmer
poster design: Karel Vaca, 1982
Poster is in A3 format (40.5 x 28 cm). Unfolded. Small folds and crease in opposite corners. Tiny spot on bottom edge. Very nice condition (NOT PHOTOGRAPHED, PLEASE ASK IF YOU WISH TO SEE A PHOTO).
Movie posters in our collection were promotional materials. Posters used on display in the cinemas across the former Czechoslovakia. They bear signs of their age.
Karel Vaca‘s unique aesthetics and creative freedom made him one of the most influential Czech graphic designers. He studied at the Rotter’s school of Advertising Graphics and at the School of Applied Art in Prague. Karel Vaca’s extensive portfolio includes over 289 movie poster designs.
Award Winning Posters by Karel Vaca:
- 1964 2nd Prize, Film Festival Karlovy Vary (Dolce Vita / Accused)
- 1977 Special Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (The White Odyssey)
- 1980 Grand Prix, IFF Chicago (National Class Cat. up to 785 ccm)
- 1982 3rd Prize, The Hollywood Reporter (Don’t Call Me Major)
- 1984 Silver Medal, IFF Chicago (For 200 Grand, You Get Nothing Now)
- 1986 Diploma, Biennale Lahti
- 1988 The Best Poster of the Year, Honourable Mention (The Great Film Robbery)
Explore beautiful collection of
Or discover other excellent
Note: We don’t offer refunds. We try to describe condition of the posters as detailed as possible. If you feel the condition differs too much from the description, please contact us.
All the posters should be paid within 48 hours after the end of auction. Please allow little time for preparation, it will take us about a week to process the auction. We’ll be sending shipping/tracking details once ready.
Subscribe to our newsletter for auction / blog / shop updates.